Wednesday 6 August 2014

Dealing with Setbacks

This week has been a tad difficult here at Zelebz. Things got a bit diseased.
I'd taken on a new orphan, Fallujah, a black lad who'd recently come over from Liberia in the boot of someone's Merc. He was destined for the sex trade but I bunged the trafficker a handful of Polaroids of my sister and he seemed happy with that. That's when it kicks off.
Fallujah doesn't even complete his first thirty-six hour shift when he goes down, holding his belly and crying. I give him a quick nuzzle with one of my brogues at which point he barfs up a stomach-load of blood. This isn't good, I think. It's the incinerator for you, Fallujah.
I get Noah to clean up the mess and, what do you know, only two days later he keels over too. I look up Fallujah's symptoms on Wiki and it appears we'd only gone and got ourselves fucking ebola. I know how contagious that can be. I had to burn them all. I was heartbroken. I'd lost some top Java developers.
Naturally I was worried for myself but I've been tested and I'm clean. As it turns out, I may have over-reacted. Once the incinerator had worked its magic, I noticed there was some mould in Noah's daily ration of gruel. I'm thinking now he may just have had food poisoning. Ah, well.
But, as ever, life is swings and roundabouts. This unfortunate niggle has given Zelebz a chance for renewal and I've found another team of software orphans all eager to keep me rich. Their average age is just over four and so they really are at the top of their game. You know what I'm saying? Nah, course you don't. If you did, you'd be sat here instead of me
But, for now, please excuse me. The nit nurse is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment